M-SOC

Facebook Group Changes

MS Board Admin

Thanks for your input guys ;)

Just to expand on the reasoning behind this change, we're trying to get more people to join up on the site to generate more funds for the Club and this is just one of the things we're trying.

The money isn't to line our pockets!!

Far from it. Having now paid off the huge debt we took on when we took over the club, we're looking at buying new sides for the marquee to improve the club stands at shows; we would also like to be in a position where we can pay for raffle prizes to get our charity raising event off the ground; trophies for in-house competitions; organising club events; the list goes on.

Any constructive ideas greatly appreciated :thumb:

And how does stopping non members selling bargains benefit payed members on here?

Its a fair comment Chris but what if that bargain turns out to be fake / not as described / doesn't turn up etc. Now buying through the forum doesn't guarantee honesty but you certainly must agree you'd be more inclined to believe the advert.

Financially we never have and never will make anything from the for sale section. The rule to allow paid members only to advertise on the forum was put in place to give a benifit to membership and as said to protect our memebrs we simply cannot do that through facebook.

Just to further clarify, there is no additional charge to paying members to advertise on the classified section of the forum. It is part of the current subscription.

I agree with Andy, we have already had people trying to sell fake goods on the facebook group

I never implied it was for lining pockets just stated that its about £££ which it is. The facts I stated re Facebook kind of make charging a moot point though surely? I am not trying to sell owt btw just seeing it from a logical viewpoint.

Well name and shame the person as that aint on !! that does take the f ing p !!!

Removed from the group Gaz and they had no affiliation with the club anyway. Totally off topic sales

Not to prolong this thread.......but one of the good things about Facebook is the ease of uploading photos

Just one click of a button.......which takes away the hassle of selling things

No fannying around resizing.....no uploading to photobucket and then linking to that!!!!

Is there any way of changing or improving the way photos are uploaded onto MS?

At the end of the day if we continue to allow all and sundry to post wanted and for sale ads on Facebook it defeats the object of members paying for the priviledge of posting their items or requirements on the forums. When that happens people may stop paying for membership as they no longer need that perk. So the resulting effect coul well be the demise of the forums as there would be no revenue to fund it.

Personally I am all for it for no other reason than being sick to bloody death of my phone going off every five minutes with adverts or wanted requests from facebook! If I want it I'll look for it. If I want to sell it, I'll advertise it where I pai my £12 to advertise it. Mainly because the forum has over 2000 registered users and the facebook page has just over 200.

ive had that conversation chris with many a mod , people join and then never post , so fook them off , as they dont know cheddar !!!! we all like a nice bit of stilton , or maybe edam , good on toast with a bit of marmite !!!!

and remeber cheese cheese cheese !!!! i sooo want that car !!!!

Me and Ginge have said this on numerous occasions stated members 2000 or so but there's only maybe 100 or so who frequently use the site for what it's meant for..

Sure I'm not on here as much as I used to be but still put my pennies worth in ;)

Thanks for your input guys - much appreciated and it's the only way we can look at making things better. We're always interested in peoples' thoughts, ideas and suggestions.

There are only certain people who are registered on the site that post regularly but going by the hit rate on this website, numbers are going up, so whether that's the registered members looking in but not posting or just people browsing, there is a lot of interest and, as such, the publicity that comes with that.

In my experience, the winter months are generally quieter on here anyway - you'd think with people being in more it would be the opposite but I think it's down to people posting up more in the summer months when events are on and people are doing bits to their scoobs in readiness for the shows.

As I say, any constructive ideas/input is much appreciated and we will do our best to give people what they want wherever possible ;)

Important Information

Privacy PolicyWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.