M-SOC

hit and run

aaron1987

Hi guys just want to vent out my frustration your way lol....

This morning me and my misses were getting ready for work in the front bedroom and heard a bang outside... We looked and seen a purple corsa reversing off my misses' car and driving off. they had slid in the frost into the car and decided to do a runner.

Avoidable and very annoying cos i even said to her 'are you putting your car on the drive cos if it freezes/frosts over your cars bound to get hit eventually'. anyway its happened now, it is what it is.

No major damage all cosmetic from what ive seen, looks like ill be needing a door and front wing and the wheel ill refurb. as long as its mechanically sound she will just have to wait till better weather next year and ill have a couple of days off to sort it myself (used to work in body trade so wont be a prob)

anyway our estate has no through road and i dare say the driver of the car actually lives in the estate. a dog walker witnessed it as well  and said he thought when he seen the speed he was doing he was never going to make the corner.

im wondering what to do. cos if the driver is a enough of a dick to just drive off, if i raise the issue to police/insurance etc, eventually i would expect him to go attacking my home or my car in retaliation cos hes clearly scum. im in a tough situation. her excess is like £500 then u have higher premiums next year to think about if she was toclaim herself.. what do you rekon? its happened at a bad time really (if there is ever a good time) with xmas and our wedding coming up in easter its outgoings we could have done without. bummer!

aaron.

I fully understand your concerns about there possibly being future retaliation if you report the incident to the police but if you just let it go then the person involved has got away with it and is free to do it again and just maybe what if they have not got insurance,mot, tax or a full valid licence they are on the road illegally while you and the rest of us pay our way.

well me and the misses decided we wanted to go ahead and report it like you all say. We've had a good look around the estate for the suspect car last night... No sign. I think they have either parked it elsewhere until they've got rid / fixed the evidence on there own car or plain and simple don't live on the estate and its just bad luck and we wont see them again.

we have the dog walker witness and another guy who came running over from the flat opposite saying he seen it as well. So I think were going to call the police and tell them what we know just to get a crime number etc, then ill keep walking the estate every night on the off chance of seeing the car then I can report that if I do.

Looking at the misses' car the damage is all superficial and requires a door and a wing. The front wheel needs a refurb but she wants them black anyway so I can do them all for her next year. Car is all solid and ok but just looks a bit tatty for now.

and I think it goes without saying that she will be parking on the driveway from now on :p

Aaron.

Good for you and the missus for making the decision to report the incident but isn`t it ironic that you have witnesses but no one gets the reg number of the car and why i say that is because i was a witness to a car incident and could describe the car etc. but i did`nt get the reg number.

I agree....report it m8! Why should these things go unpunished and end up costing you ! They need to learn a lesson and hopefully something gets done.

My missus brothers car got hit 2 weeks ago and it's a new honda type s! Again no car in the vicinity and looked like a hit and run.....luckily the woman who had done the damage kindly left a note on his windscreen and admitted full liability and couldn't apologise enough. A rare thing these days! 

Hope justice is served m8! 

ok so the car re appeared on the estate Friday just gone with the damage still present. They obviously parked it off the estate for a few days until they thought they had got away with it. Collared the dog walker this morning got his details showed him the car and he confirms it was that car and his willing to back us up.

its upti my misses now what she does but she wants to go knocking the door. I said personally I wouldn't give them the satisfaction and just report it all straight to the police.

what do u guys rekon.

Aaron.

report it to the police, give them the reg and locations and times, report the same to your insurance and leave it with the authorities. its likely that the driver will be done with failing to stop and failing to report, plus leaving the scene of an accident. best left to go legal and not cause conflict face to face.

I spoke to the misses earlier she's adamant she wants to knock there door to see what the "crack" is lol. I've told her it could get ugly especially knowing where each other live. As far as they are concerned we don't know where they live and they've got away with it.

she's got all she needs, reg, car, time, place, photos of both damaged cars and an independent witness. I'll persuade her to call insurance and police later and let them deal with it. That's what they are there for after all.

Aaron