M-SOC

Area 52 Rolling Road and Diagnostics day - 13th Nov 2016

Steve

Huge thanks to @Area 52 Autosport for a great day today. Lots of nice cars and a thoroughbly enjoyable time as always. The Bacon butties, biscuits, Tea and Coffee went down a treat with everyone along with the hospitality. Look forward to the next one. 

I always think the the main purpose of one of these days is to have a bit of fun with the power figures, but more importantly to see how your car is running before any major problem occurs. As always sone good figures, but a few issues probably picked up before any major damage. A few cars having some minor problems with feeling and timing, including my own. 

So so a great price for club supporters to get the health of their cars checked, essential when the modding bug takes hold 

here are a few pictures 

IMG_1478.JPGIMG_1447.JPGIMG_1461.JPGIMG_1462.JPGIMG_1464.JPGIMG_1465.JPGIMG_1474.JPGIMG_1476.JPGIMG_1486.JPG

Hi,

although its early Monday morning we have a few of our customers worried and concerned regarding their rolling road figures achieved yesterday at Area 52.

As the lads at 52 will tell you maps don’t change, cars do, also when we dyno map a car that’s when the printouts are done, we then sign the cars off on the road in real life conditions, its then we may have to tweak the map a little, not always but a good percentage of the time, run the car on a dyno afterwards you will have a different figure, its a pity costs don’t allow for us to re strap and re run after the road test, maybe this is something we could all start to offer at extra cost.

If any one has concern regarding their map on the car give us a call and we will book you in for a look see.

Glad you all had a great day and Apologies to Area 52 for posting on their thread, although I am sure the lads at 52 will appreciate what we are pointing out as it also works the other way.

Many thanks

Kev

Hi Kev,  @The Gaffer

Thanks for the reply. 

For me, Dyno days are an important part of tuned Subaru ownership and I always state that it's worth putting your car on just so you can see if anything amiss that may not be detectable when driving the car on a daily, regular on non regular basis and the price we get to run is a member benefit. I do this with each RR day invite. 

Im sure that neither Pat or Jason provide bad maps. We've been there with mapping discussions before and mapping is well documented elsewhere, so no need to go into that ! So I agree, something must have changed on these cars, whatever that may be. 

In in my case, I have a perfectly good graph following the failed RCM fuel pump change a couple of years back, when it was changed out for a 400. The RCM fuel pump problem was picked up on Area 52's Dyno, but replicated by Pat on the SCR dyno, so all good. This time I'm no so sure it's the fuel pump with mine and if it was, that would be the 5th pump in 7 years ! Maybe mine is something very simple, such as a blinded in wing induction cone filter, who knows, but as you can see rom the screen shot of my graph above, the AFR was doing some strange things through the run and the SYVECS looks to be pulling timing. 

What i would say, is get each car diangnosed (including mine) and post up the diagnosis of each car, so we can alll see what's happened. It might be that some simple maintenance is required between services etc that is straight forward to do, to keep the cars on song.

i won't be using mine very much between now and when the service/MOT is required next month, so can look at mine then :thumb: 

Glad everyone enjoyed the day, was a good turnout :thumb: 

As you say Steve it is an important part of Subaru ownership and should be seen as something worth doing once a year along with general servicing.

Not a problem posting on here Kev, we are all here for the same thing to give owners good advice and service :thumb: 

3 hours ago, Mark_V4_TypeR said:

Glad everyone enjoyed the day, was a good turnout :thumb: 

As you say Steve it is an important part of Subaru ownership and should be seen as something worth doing once a year along with general servicing.

Not a problem posting on here Kev, we are all here for the same thing to give owners good advice and service :thumb: 

Hi,

to true, on our rolling road days we always find a few problem cars which throw up issues that could lead to finger pointing regarding the mapping, but as I have stated many times maps don’t change, cars do, wear and tear, failed or failing sensors, fuel pumps or fuel contamination, even wrong fuel gets spotted on these RR days.

We have already had one of Sundays casualties on our Dyno, turns out a loss of power and torque was down to a faulty boost control solenoid, now sorted its a road test then back to the owner.

Glad the club enjoyed the day, and well done Area 52 for highlighting some potential problems.

Kev

Edited by The Gaffer

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, Steve said:

For me, Dyno days are an important part of tuned Subaru ownership and I always state that it's worth putting your car on just so you can see if anything amiss that may not be detectable when driving the car on a daily, regular on non regular basis and the price we get to run is a member benefit.

didn't I say that in front of you :popo:

last year was the first time in years I had a dyno run that came back clear with an impreza

job job the oil burner is running right :laugh: