M-SOC

A Special day with my Brother

Steve

Tim, my brother decided several months ago that it was time to purchase something a little bit special as a weekend toy. With that in mind, off he went to Book a Track at Donungton park to discuss buying a Caterham 7. He's not a track day orientated person, but wanted one for weekends and to tour the country, I think he has Scotland in mind and maybe Stelvio 

he decided on a 270 SV and specified the car to be road going, added some extras to the car and ordered it in lotus yellow. 

Today i picked him up to collect the car after waiting several months for Caterham to build it and put it through IVA ready for the road. The final delay being the DVLA on issuing the log book, which finally came last week. 

Here are a few pictures from the collection earlier today. 

The first car we both learnt to drive in was a 1970's yellow Skoda 110, with a GNU registration prefix, hence the number plate :thumb: 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Thanks for reading

Steve 

Oh, by the way. This is the car we both learn't to drive in. It was eventually given to my brother to use at University. Needless to say it had its fair share of problems. Rear mounted engine like a Porsche :lol: 

image.jpeg

Very nice. A top day to pick up a caterham. Those road seats are well comfy.

i look forward to hopefully seeing it.... 

First thing ing you should tell him, is to buy some proper driving/racing boots. Itl make using those things tiny pedals a lot easier....

Edited by scatty

17 minutes ago, scatty said:

Very nice. A top day to pick up a caterham. Those road seats are well comfy.

i look forward to hopefully seeing it.... 

First thing ing you should tell him, is to buy some proper driving/racing boots. Itl make using those things tiny pedals a lot easier....

He's new to this. Hadn't the heart to tell him he needed different footwear. I'll have a look and suggest a pair to him :thumb: