M-SOC

Stelvio/Nurburgring Trip 2016

Steve

Pictures and a blog as the 5 us drive through Europe, heading for The Stelvio Pass in Italy and The Nordschleife in Germany 

The first day saw us head off from the Midlands and over the channel by the channel tunnel.

Initialy 4 of us met at LFE services at junction 21 on the M1 at 7:00am Sunday morning. Unfortunately for Andy he suffered a premature mechanical failure on his Porsche 997 rear suspension. So Andy left us and headed back to get it repaired at Top Boss Performance. 

So the three of us headed to Folkstone and caught the 11:20 train over to Calais. From there we headed through France and into Belgium for the first night stop over with approximately 400 miles covered. Stopping in Martelange 

later that evening, Andy caught up after a successful repair and a friend of mine in his M3 CSL also joined us late on the first evening.

Day 2 after a 320 mile drive we have arrived in Germany at Obreau by a beautiful lake. 

Pictures to follow 

Left Germany this morning and have drive through Austria and into Italy. Total mileage so far is around 950 miles. All cars have been fine. A few picture opportunities along the way 

image.jpeg

42 minutes ago, terzoscooby said:

Looks like a fantastic trip.

Who has the best mpg and by that I mean who used the most petroleum?  

Not sure at the moment. Seems to be between 24 and 34 at the minute 

Got to the top of the Stelvio Pass today. Total mileage is now over 1000 miles since setting off. Travelled through Italy, Switzerland, Austria and now in Garmish, Germany 

4 hours ago, salsa-king said:

looks great, how are you going on finding V-power?

It's called V-Power race here and it's a 100 Ron 

most stations sell 98 or 100 Ron fuel

Looks an awesome trip. How are the cars fairing? The BMW M3 CSL's are fetching mad money at the moment, lovely car along with the rest. Would you say your lack of passenger sun visor gave you the edge over the other cars around Stelvios ?

As I think you'll have gathered not only was it an awesome experience in terms of scenery and driving but I have to add the company banter and general social side of the trip was brilliant as well

Thanks to those that joined us and made the trip what it was

An overview of the numbers from my point of view. I know some will be interested.

Miles 2027

MPG AVG 26.7

Used 345 litres of Fuel

Fuel Cost £435

Hotel Costs £235

Tunnel Crossing £161

Spending Money £500 (Food Beer Etc)

Total Cost £1331

Friends sharing the experience and a superstar mate fixing my car on an early Sunday morning so I could make it is as they say "PRICELESS"

20160607_101945.jpg

9 hours ago, Andy said:

An overview of the numbers from my point of view. I know some will be interested.

Miles 2027

MPG AVG 26.7

Used 345 litres of Fuel

Fuel Cost £435

Hotel Costs £235

Spending Money £500 (Food Beer Etc)

Total Cost £1170

a quick calculation from my side is very similar Andy's figures, yep even in my car and a lap round the ring, i saw an average of 27MPG

which we all seemed to achieve in all our cars

This trip was superb...

will take some beating and my car performed flawlessly for the whole trip and even though i couldn't get a video of my lap of ring, the car was stunning and was very quick.

Thanks @The Gaffer and the team at SCR for a superb build... :bow:

cheers guys

Best Max & Paddy road trip of my life so far......:cheers2:,      joking aside a BIG thank you to the guy's that organised the trip, it was faultless from start to finish, even tho I had to sleep with Steve.......:ph34r::ph34r: Lol....... 

For those that thought about coming but couldn't make it for what ever reasons, if the  guy's organise another one ( and I hope they do :D ) then I would recommend you go on the next one, I'm sure you wont regret it..........:D:D

Cheers

Hughy