M-SOC

Change.

john

What exactly do you not like for the standard forum user other than a slight colour change and the unread rather than new content button, I am struggling to see what has changed.

Fortunately the new package offers a lot of additional benefits to not only ourselves as admin /owners but also to our contributing members

46 minutes ago, john said:

I realise change has to happen but i am of the thinking that if it is not broken then don`t mend it or update it and that is why i am not a fan of the new fangled site set up.

Hi John, @john

Thanks for your input :thumb: 

The old say "If its not broken then don't fix" in this case isn't true. For some time there have been issues with the old and lesser supported system we have been using. Something not always apparent when using it, but in the background a lot of maintenance has been required to keep it going. A bit like running a GC8 at times or similar old Impreza !! . There have been issues with speed and bandwidth and it has got to the point where it just couldn't continue. It has been a long time since a major revision upgrade has happened on the site and of course this isn't free. A lot of work has gone on in the background prior to the upgrade by the forum providers invisionzone and Andy, during and after to make the look and feel similar to previous. We can now take advantage of the new features that are now available, which will become more apparent as you use the site. New features will be  introduced as time allows. You see this on other social media platforms. For example Facebook release an update almost weekly as do Twitter and Instagram etc.

I hope this clarifies our reasons for changing to the new version.

On a separate note, I think you have been registered and using the forum for some years now and it would be good if we could see some pictures of your Subaru. I don't think I have seen any or bumped into you at a meet or event. Primarily that is what the site is about, talking about the cars and enjoying the social side with the members :) 

Steve

11 hours ago, Steve said:

Hi John, @john

Thanks for your input :thumb: 

The old say "If its not broken then don't fix" in this case isn't true. For some time there have been issues with the old and lesser supported system we have been using. Something not always apparent when using it, but in the background a lot of maintenance has been required to keep it going. A bit like running a GC8 at times or similar old Impreza !! . There have been issues with speed and bandwidth and it has got to the point where it just couldn't continue. It has been a long time since a major revision upgrade has happened on the site and of course this isn't free. A lot of work has gone on in the background prior to the upgrade by the forum providers invisionzone and Andy, during and after to make the look and feel similar to previous. We can now take advantage of the new features that are now available, which will become more apparent as you use the site. New features will be  introduced as time allows. You see this on other social media platforms. For example Facebook release an update almost weekly as do Twitter and Instagram etc.

I hope this clarifies our reasons for changing to the new version.

On a separate note, I think you have been registered and using the forum for some years now and it would be good if we could see some pictures of your Subaru. I don't think I have seen any or bumped into you at a meet or event. Primarily that is what the site is about, talking about the cars and enjoying the social side with the members :) 

Steve

Thanks for your good work.

Hi John

This will be covered in the update functions post i'm trying to construct at the moment however the new site does not have a preview post as it doesn't need it as it is wysiwyg based you need to use the insert other media button upload the image in the usual way (using url) it will then insert into the post and load it so you can see exactly where it is and how it looks you can then resize and move it around accordingly

Hope this helps