M-SOC

2016 WRX STI

WRXRob

Hi Guys,

Picked up my new motor after a 3 month wait yesterday.

Ordered it from Earls Barton Subaru in Northampton and can't speak highly enough about the team there. Adam (Managing Director) was superb from start to finish and even let me borrow their demonstrator for my sisters wedding last month.

Decided to stick with standard power to start with other than some bits from the dealer, front splitter, side skirts, boot inlay and mats.

Really like the interior with the new starlink system looks much smarter. Power fold mirrors and day time running lights are the main differences I believe.

Look forward to getting involved and hopefully we can get some more names running at Area 52.

Thanks for looking,

Rob

post-2166-0-11249700-1443971798_thumb.jp

post-2166-0-40272900-1443971823_thumb.jp

post-2166-0-72235500-1443971840_thumb.jp

post-2166-0-62629700-1443971863_thumb.jp

post-2166-0-20797400-1443971889_thumb.jp

post-2166-0-27577300-1443971919_thumb.jp

There isn't but Mangolesti Subaru do a 340bhp upgrade with a matching 3 year warranty.

You want to speak to John Burton. It's £3500 though including the warranty so not cheap! Although I'm sure if you ordered a car through him though he'd be able to do a deal.

My dealer told me I could modify whatever I liked and as long as I kept all the original bits they would stand by the warranty.

Obviously they aren't saying forged block and different turbos/internal etc. but Catback, remap and panel filter was fine...in which case that makes it a lot cheaper. It was the managing director Adam who told me that and I trust him to stand by his word.

You could also transfer you Recaros over ;) ...when I have 2 penny's to rub together again I want some! The red inserts are the one bit I don't like on the standard seats...

The clinic bought a brand new car to develop and now have a range of packages for the new car, so worth having a look in their section of the forum

I believe they helped develop an exhaust for Miltek as well :thumb:

Yes they do, it is on their website and is around 3k including vat for miltek system, sports cat and remap.

Scoobyworld are close to finalising theirs but ultimately they're all finding the same ways to hit 330-350bhp as that is all this engine is capable of handling reliably unfortunately...

There isn't but Mangolesti Subaru do a 340bhp upgrade with a matching 3 year warranty.

You want to speak to John Burton. It's £3500 though including the warranty so not cheap! Although I'm sure if you ordered a car through him though he'd be able to do a deal.

My dealer told me I could modify whatever I liked and as long as I kept all the original bits they would stand by the warranty.

Obviously they aren't saying forged block and different turbos/internal etc. but Catback, remap and panel filter was fine...in which case that makes it a lot cheaper. It was the managing director Adam who told me that and I trust him to stand by his word.

Interesting about the comment from the dealer. I may have to think again and get Pat to map at the clinic with a few bits to make it breath. The Mangoletsi map was way down on torque compared to the Scoobyclinic.

Yeah I'm sure most dealers would wash their hands of it but after all Adam and his team did for me I'm sure they'd see me right if my worst nightmare happened. They also did me a deal on the dealer fit bits (Still a lot compared to HT autos products) but I like the official stuff.

I'd speculatively messaged The clinic on FB asking about theirs and I think that's the route I'll take eventually but want to get some miles on it first so I appreciate the extra grunt...

Yeah I'm sure most dealers would wash their hands of it but after all Adam and his team did for me I'm sure they'd see me right if my worst nightmare happened. They also did me a deal on the dealer fit bits (Still a lot compared to HT autos products) but I like the official stuff.

I'd speculatively messaged The clinic on FB asking about theirs and I think that's the route I'll take eventually but want to get some miles on it first so I appreciate the extra grunt...

He'll reply om here Rob. Very active on this forum, unlike others :thumb:

Hi,

welcome along.

We produced several performance packages for the new saloon early last year, all done and dyno tested in house then off we went to Blyton raceway to test them on track before we released them to the general public.

Great cars and being 40% stiffer they handle well too, once the traction control is turned off that is. :hrhr:

Kev

Booked in with Kev for next Tuesday :)

Also as I was off today gave it the first proper clean and thought I'd debadge the rear as it looked a little overkill.

post-2166-0-56160200-1444151378_thumb.jp

Edited by WRXRob