M-SOC

Greetings from another newbie

Hi all, thought I'd drop in and say hello after finally joining. I currently own a 2007 Hawkeye which for my sins is up at soobyclinic at the moment - in for some dent removal, a replacement front wing, paint job and waxoyl treatment:

new_car.jpg

I've been a member over on scoobynet for a few years now so recognize a few names already (the likes of Tidgy & Salsa-King et al.), and I think it was DAN_SCR_TA who sorted me out last week when I dropped the car in at the clinic. Anyhow, I figured it was time to join a more local club / forum so here I am.

Edited by Jonnys3

Welcome to m-soc :thumb:

Car looks great :)

As said don't forget to come along to the anniversary meet on Sunday 19th July at Curbirough sprint circuit :thumb:

yes in deed dont forget this weekend i shell be getting my fine floral picnic hamper out ready with side floral matching asseseries lol caint wait

Helllllllllo sir!!! welcome to the mad house!!

cars looking..... different.... il pm you some pics tomorrow :)

Sounds intriguing .... be interested to see one or two if you have any.

Hi,

be even nicer when we have finished with it.........

DSC05971_zpsdkjbp35i.jpg

Note the wrong colour rear bumper, its been painted in WR1 colour, although similar the light blue used on the hawkeye WRX cars is a different colour code, 41W as opposed to 23G used on the WR1 cars.

DSC05972_zpscavt2mow.jpg

Monday remove rear bumper for re paint too.

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after a few weeks without the car, and major withdrawal symptoms, I returned from Scoobyclinic this morning with the car and ... WOW !!!

It looks absolutely amazing, beyond showroom condition and has definitely been worth the wait. The paint work is stunning and the panels have been restored to perfection, and now that the underside has been waxoyl'd it should withstand the harsher weather to come. What's more is a fantastic engine bay dressing which came much to my surprise!!!

A MASSIVE thanks to all at the clinic who have worked tirelessly on my car over these past few weeks !

:unworthy:

Just a shame I won't be able to show my face at the Clockhouse meet this weekend due to work, but hopefully I'll be able to attend September's.

Edited by Jonnys3

Pics are a bit of a tricky one to be honest as I don't really have any before and after shots that justify all the work done but those I do have are:

The dent in the middle of the rear offside passenger door :

D8C64D71-7110-4388-BE89-81A7E0001CCE.jpg

The dent in the offside front wheel arch:

FD7101FB-0B49-4943-A617-F9D444553A9E.jpg

A couple of dents on the bonnet and scuffs to the inside of the grill:

966458A7-4B9F-4F2E-A93C-0CEEA8006F09.jpg

A dent running all down the rear nearside passenger door - you can just see where the paint has cracked at the side of the black plastic trim but can't really see the length of the dent due to lighting (think that was done by a teenager's skateboard):

036B89FF-BACA-42F2-BAD6-31C5086D9000.jpg

2D49C94F-1313-4DD0-953C-8B14577DE104.jpg

And finally a pic of the offside wing which was starting to show signs of degradation (the extent of which I was totally unaware - full of panel filler):

1CE8303B-A729-47BA-AD6C-00D22B180387.jpg

The bumper also had a few burns in it where the paint had been scuffed, as too did the side skirts, along with other dents and anomalies that are not noticeable to the untrained eye.

The few pics I have after it came back from the clinic:

Lovely and damage free:

D155EC48-FBBE-4E44-AD44-A693CEEDAB44.jpg

Super shiny:

85CC066D-0C71-4AE9-A44B-A1CAF65B59B1.jpg

And then some more taken this weekend after fitting flaps - all panels and skirts looking amazing:

513363B6-EC5C-4473-A370-065F78110CD1.jpg

0224DB30-3503-4F75-A9B6-D368D097571D.jpg

61370B9C-19F0-41CD-88BF-A1CD8C0A734A.jpg

2BB8A812-B0A5-4F9C-90F8-DBB645CC7527.jpg

CEECC9D0-CB01-4211-887E-EFE7E71E6975.jpg

So all in all a very worthwhile trip to the clinic and the car looks like it's just come out of the showroom. :thumbsu: