M-SOC

A thankyou to 2 members

Bigfootgman

After a nightmare evening that leaves my Skoda at my local garage with a knackered sump and the possibility of a knackered engine thanks to the appalling work of Nottingham city councils road repairs leaving half dug up road humps poorly signposted and unlight,Id like to take the time to thank 2 long standing members for their time and help tonight.

Firstly Tony g for a warm cup of tea and taking the time to return to the scene and take photographs for me and suply me with a disc of those pics, secondly to artyscoob(Arthur) for helping me sort my wheel problem and having the patience to wait for me due to the unforseen circumstances of this evening .

Thank you you both for making a tough evening slightly better

Edited by Bigfootgman

Its in the hands of the councils insurance department now Marv they have all the facts plus another vehicle was also damaged within half an hour of mine and they are also in touch with the council,

No problem Greg, glad the wheels/tyres get you where you want to be with your scoob.

Hopefully the Council/Highways Agency will contribute to your Skoda repair costs too!

hope so thanks again Arthur much apprieciated

Don't forget the 3 or 4 others that grounded out on it while we were there taking pictures as evidence - I'm sure at least one of them knocked something off its front lip. And no probs with the tea - was the least I could do. Hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction.

Don't forget the 3 or 4 others that grounded out on it while we were there taking pictures as evidence - I'm sure at least one of them knocked something off its front lip. And no probs with the tea - was the least I could do. Hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction.

hope so Tony still waiting at min,pitty I didn't video the others actualy Edited by Bigfootgman

• 4 weeks later...

Right looks like I need to find a decent solicitor to deal with this as the council are denying responsibility even saying there were road cones when my pics clearly show that there wasnt

Does anyone know the process of the small claims court by chance cheers

• 1 month later...

Well no joy with this but that's immaterial now anyway ,thanks to the local dominos pizza driver who rear ended me last night,

Skoda will be going to the big scrap yard in the sky on friday. On the look out for a diesel runner round now if anyone knows of anything going

Oh really sorry to read of your run of bad luck on this mate , good to see other members jumping in to help a hand , and ref a car runner good time to buy mate my diesel run around was fairly cheap lots about , will let you know if I see anything decent , and hopefully better luck for yourself in 2015 mate

Written off so all the money spent on it was a total waste grrrrrrrrrrrrr

What a bloody nightmare stress/hassle even though they hit me ,don't know whether to get another runaround or just use the scoob as a daily drive especially now fuels getting cheaper