M-SOC

Newbie from Cannock

Hi,my names James and after debating what my 'midlife crisis' car should be I decided on getting a Scoob with the intention of having a bit of fun.

Started off my driving life at 17 with a Daihatsu Charade Gtti that I managed to get up to about 160bhp (seriously fast shoebox lol) that was running a BBR reboost and uprated internals. Used to love going down Maccy d's in Cannock and punishing RS's and R5's etc ;-).

Managed to squeeze in 2 15's, 2 12's and a set of component speakers from a jukebox mounted on a board so when you folded the rear seats down it made an ungodly racket....hence the nickname jukebox that has stuck lol.

Managed to get that car into FastCar with a small feature and then progressed.

Following cars have been 2 Astra GTE's(8 valve & 16 valve and later a GSI.

Had a break from the scene and became normal for a while :-( until 4 years ago when I bought a Volvo T4 and modified that to about 230-240bhp. The missus decided to drive that into the door of a golf and since then promised myself another quick car.

Last week bought a 04 wrx that has Godspeed front brake upgrade, uprated fuel pump and HKS filter & DV and a stainless system with a quiter Prodrive rear box.

Was told by the previous owner that it had been remapped to 280bhp and have no reason to disbelieve him as it goes like stink.

Theres a minor dink on the car that I will get sorted soon and I plan on leaving the car as it is for now and enjoying it for the summer.

I did (unknowingly)attend the meeting at Curborough yesterday and hopefully I can meet up with you guys soon and put the world to rights and hopefully use this forum for help and to help others.

Sorry for the long intro and I look forward to meeting up with some of you guys soon.

Cheers James.

Welcome to M-SOC. I must have given you a cars yesterday then ? :)

Thanks for the welcomes all :-)

I only spoke to the gent on the gate and a lady (partner?)and he said we'd catch up later and hed give me a card and I could get some stickers off him..had to leave though and didnt want to bother him as he seemed busy.

I will bother him for some club stickers next time I see him though as my rear side windows need decorating :-p

Just seen your post in the other thread Steve, got a name for your face now lol

Just a bit more detail that may prove useful...I am a service manager for a well known parcel delivery company and my main area of expertise is Health & Safety...booooo lol.

I am also competent at flying rc equipment and amongst my collection own a DJI phantom with gopro3+ black edition( noticed one of you lads has one with a gimbal)

I imagine this is what it feels like trying to sell yourself on a dating site lol

Thanks for the welcomes all :-)

I only spoke to the gent on the gate and a lady (partner?)and he said we'd catch up later and hed give me a card and I could get some stickers off him..had to leave though and didnt want to bother him as he seemed busy.

I will bother him for some club stickers next time I see him though as my rear side windows need decorating :-p

Stickers as well as anniversary year badges will be available at the next monthly meet

Stickers are £2 each, badges £4 each :)

Ahh you mean u might be able to make my go pro work ?? As I have a two and a three have done for over hmmm 2 years and uploaded 1 video !!!

I can try and help mate. I found out the hard way that you need a good spec pc to be able to edit gopro footage :-(

Much easier to record in a lower res (720×60 fps) and then pop the memory card into a decent phone.

Easier to upload from your phone as you start the upload before you go to sleep and its all done by the time you get up.

Or you need an i6 processor at the very least to edit hd videos on a laptop.

Bring em along when I come to the next meet and we'll strap one onto the front of a 160mph plane Ive got lolol

Welcome jukebox, just so you know I live in cannock along with another member on here , we have not been active for a while due to reasons but hopefully we will start to attend some of the Sunday meets again.

Welcome jukebox, just so you know I live in cannock along with another member on here , we have not been active for a while due to reasons but hopefully we will start to attend some of the Sunday meets again.

Nice one..2 lads I know have also got Scoobs.

Both got 2000 turbo's so Ill get em to come along as well .

Photo bucket etc , or crop the pics a bit to lower the size that's all I do as I'm a lazy fooker !! Think if ya pay membership only 12 quid unlimited messages lather photos etc that way you can abuse people just like me lol

Edited by gwr northants