M-SOC

First time subaru owner here just saying hello ?

Morning I bought a 2004 wrx with prodrive kit on in silver I will post some pics this weekend once its had good polish ?

But I am in need of a decent turbo timer any suggestions?

Edited by Stikle01

I think this is the car show i was told about

http://www.yorkraceway.org.uk/events.html

Sunday 25th

Ultimate RWYB Shootout

American Super Stock Round 4

JDM-DRC Round 4

PRO FWD Round 4

Volks Stock qualifying Round 3

Super Cup Round 3 Qualifying

Pro ET & Sportsman ET Round 3 Qualifying

R.W.Y.B sessions

Car Crush with Armourgeddon

Wheelie Truck Show

Live Music

Trade Stands

Night Stunt Show

Monday 26th

American Super Stock Round 5

JDM-DRC Round 5

PRO FWD Round 5

Volks Stock Round 3

Super Cup Round 3 Eliminations

Pro ET & Sportsman ET Round 3 Eliminations

UK Power Tour

Open R.W.Y.B

Car Crush with Armourgeddon

Wheelie Truck Show

Unique vehicles display

Live Music

Trade Stands

Show n Shine

Hi,

welcome aboard.......

here follows a blog regarding the most useless waste of money the turbo timer........

TURBO TIMERS THE FACTS.

Unless you are the small minority who howl up to your parking spot on full boost with anti lag blazing you do not need a turbo timer, and thats 99.99% of us.

As you approach your parking spot, be it at home or work you will seldom be driving on boost, by the time you have parked, turned off the stereo, (should you not be listening to the Subaru burble) take off your seat belt, wind up the window etc, you have already been your cars turbo timer allowing the turbo to cool down as you go through the motions of this automatic run down period.

Turbo timers interfere with most alarms unless its something like a Clifford with an optional timer built in, if the timer is functioning most Subaru alarms wont allow you to arm or lock the car from your remote, so you have to wait until the timer kicks out.

If you still feel you have to do this extra RDP then you may as well just sit in the car for a few seconds or if you would prefer to waste fuel possibly bore wash the engine a few minutes, we sometimes see customers sit with their cars for 15 mins yet they have just drove steadily through the “ford” , (small stream), and up our lane, plenty of RDP without the need to sit there, engine ticking over wasting fuel etc., we do educate these customers as best we can hence this blog.

Turbo timers are a complete waste of money, FACT. !!

Cheers

Kev

Edited by The Gaffer

Defi,s do look awesome work very well but there not cheap a lot depends on how much you want to spend , don't buy crap though as they never really give a true reading ,

Edited by gwr northants

Oil temp and oil pressure are more important than boost IMHO . I run all three. Cheap ones, not accurate, but repeatable

Defi gauges are the best but cone at a price :) even second hand

Oil temp and oil pressure are more important than boost IMHO . I run all three. Cheap ones, (as I'm a tight git and spend all my money on doombar ) not accurate, but repeatable

Defi gauges are the best but cone at a price :) even second hand

Edited for ya steve !!

Had a Defi turbo timer in both scoobs but its easy to remember to keep your car running after a spirited drive. So not really needed!

Ran boost, oil temp and oil pressure Prosport gauges which Ive never had a problem with and can have in white or amber so look pretty cool

Hi and welcome to our wonderful, friendly club.

As stated by most on here, Defi`s are good but very expensive, Prosport are pretty good, as are these I have in mine, look like Defi`s and have the warning lights but a fraction of the cost. Purcahsed via R-Spec http://rspec.co.uk/

post-492-0-49367900-1398879383_thumb.jpg