M-SOC

New Detailing section by popular demand

Steve

You start with filling 2 buckets jase....thought you'd have known that

Technically your wrong there MrP..........

You should always start by cleaning the wheels!!

ANYWAY.............

Think i'll get myself a comfy chair and pull up next to Mr17...... :hrhr:

must admit , its nice when you see a real tidy motor , and hats off to the people , like you Gurn , who keep there car mint , and use it daily. i know a lot of people use there scoob as a weekend car , well thats a lot easier i think. i dont bother , well no were near like some . 8 hours most i spent on a car , my old uk turbo , for the mcrae meet , and yep you guessed it ?????

it pissed it down on the way there , bahhh hum bug

thanks Gaz....

i know alot of folks just dont care about there motors...... but i believe that if you've spent alot of dosh buying a car, then look after it!!

but then there are those like myself and jase...... who.... are a little bit mad...... :w00t::wacko::wacko:

i think also knowing good products , helps too , like that doo doo juice or what ever , i,d never heard of it . but know a few rave about how good it is. whats up with good old fairy liquid , a bucket , a sponge , and a tin of beer while ya watch the kids wash it for ya lol .

whats up with good old fairy liquid , a bucket , a sponge

Ok....... i'll tell ya

Washing up liquid will remove all the protection you have on the paint (strips the wax and polish clean off)

And using a sponge will only wipe the dirt across the face of the paint causing fine scratches and swirl marks.

Using a proper car shampoo, thats wax safe, such as the Dodo juice you mentioned protects all the hard work you have done previously.

And using a microfibre wash mitt or a sheeps wool mitt, helps trap the dirt IN the mitt, stopping it from scratching the paint....

I'll go and sit in the corner with the other geeks now.......... pmsl :hrhr:

Would you not need any buckets of water to clean the wheels then? Along with a selection of cleaners, brushes, wheel dedicated mitt/woolie/cloths??

I'd personally start with looking at the bloody thing whilst smoking a fag thinking can I really be arsed to do this?

Haha

Would you not need any buckets of water to clean the wheels then? Along with a selection of cleaners, brushes, wheel dedicated mitt/woolie/cloths??

I'd personally start with looking at the bloody thing whilst smoking a fag thinking can I really be arsed to do this?

Haha

Now that sounds a lot more like you Mr P...... Lol

I've never done the wheels first, always last

:iagree: ....................... The RB's had a couple of good details since Ive owned it and a wash at least once a week and wheels are always the last thing to clean