M-SOC

Hello, new member in staffordshire

Hello, been recommended to join here off scoobynet, i have a 08 sti hatch in staffordshire, main reason for coming here is to pick brains regarding maps in the Midlands, open source or ecutek, scoobyclinic are a gd option but seems expensive, the name andy forest comes up again and again but a long drive, ive also been recommended thwaites developments in warwick and racedynamix which are open source, opensource seems cheaper but ecutek seems the way too go. Ive had a read of the posts on here in the tech section and had some advice regarding the above, il possibly post there again asking more but im aware we dint need a million mapping threads, a pointer the rite direction would be nice. Seems there a 5 or 6 viable options its just picking one.

Anyway hello, look forward to meeting you all at some point

Thanks

Coops

Hi Welcome to Midland Scoobies

Ah the mapping debate. :) You will never get a definitive answer IMHO :)

I've always used Pat Herborn at Scoobyclinic and never had any problems, but I'm running a Simtek and the prices to map or tweak have always been spot on. I've always have mine mapped on the dyno, followed by a road test, so you have to factor dyno cost in.

Other have used Area 52, some have used Duncan, others Zen etc etc

Looks like you have to decide if you are going open source or ECUTEK first. If ECUTEK, then the initial map will cost, due to the licence charge

I'm sure the other guys will be along with their recommendations

Steve

Welcome mate

As you have an electronic throttle like myself it opens you up to the world of Ecutek Racerom

You can run 2 maps (e.g low/high boost) and have a race map with Launch control, flat foot shifting, auto blip on down shift and can be mapped per gear to suit you requirements

http://www.ecutek.com/Products/ProECU-Tuning-Suites/Subaru-Tuning-Suites/Subaru-CAN-Petrol.aspx

I have this and the flat foot shifting is the best feature IMO just because of the speed carried through gear changing due to keeping the boost/revs up between gears

Loads of descent mappers out there just get opinions and research

Hi and welcome coops

I had mine done by Simon @ Jolly Green Monster (also very mobile)who is also a very respected mapper and has got mine running at 353 BHP and 392 ft/lbs with a fully decatted H&S and a Pro R back box and a k&n panel filter and runs very nice and much improved over the standard map

Sounds like my exact set up Smalleysti, least i have a idea what ti expect, ive emailed all the recommended ecutek tuners in the mids, scoobyclinic, scoobyworld, Lichfields and andy forest, see who comes back with what.

I like this forum already, all the hellos and got useful info already with out some one pipeing up " use the search icon " lol

Sounds like my exact set up Smalleysti, least i have a idea what ti expect, ive emailed all the recommended ecutek tuners in the mids, scoobyclinic, scoobyworld, Lichfields and andy forest, see who comes back with what.

I like this forum already, all the hellos and got useful info already with out some one pipeing up " use the search icon " lol

That's the best way coops, as they all have great advise and the more pro advise the better the decision you can make

And yep this is a good forum but lacking in hatch owners lol

Hi and welcome coops

I had mine done by Simon @ Jolly Green Monster (also very mobile)who is also a very respected mapper and has got mine running at 353 BHP and 392 ft/lbs with a fully decatted H&S and a Pro R back box and a k&n panel filter and runs very nice and much improved over the standard map

Yeah Ive heard good things about Simon @ JGM