M-SOC

Hi.... Newbie from Arnold

Hi everyone, just got my first impreza, it's a bug eye wrx, got it as a "trial car" and if I like gonna go for the sti!

After three weeks I gotta admit I love it, not so at first because I had an astra gsi turbo runnin 286bhp and the wrx is near on standard so feels so slow in comparison, but it just feels better quality and a good all rounder, as room was starting to become an issue too!

Keeps seeing a few other imprezas on my travels and often get the wave which is something I like!

Just learning how these cars work etc. I rebuilt my last car myself from the ground up, including rebuilding the turbo when it started smoking etc! So once I eat enough knowledge about the imprezas I think I'm gonna go for an sti!

Sorry about the essay lol,

James

Welcome along.

Where abouts in Arnold? Was it a blue GSi on coppice road by any chance?

Will keep an eye for ya!

Just behind the Arrow pub, but i used to live with my dad near coppice road but not on it, take it your from the area too?

Yeah wish i had got it sooner but it helped at the weekend, went up Gedling road and cars were everywhere on both sides of the road trying to get up and i just kept it steady and went past them all through the middle, and they were all looking like hows he getting up there haha, i hear the STi's are a complete kettle of fish and ten times better in snow because of the limited slip diffs?

i hear the STi's are a complete kettle of fish and ten times better in snow because of the limited slip diffs?

You have LSD's on yours but viscous ones. On a STi 6 speed on the blob onwards I think, you get the Centre DCCD with a electromagnetic diff to lock the power 50:50.

Also the rear LSD is mechanical rather than viscous. STi's are just a bit more robust.

Ah thanks for the info! I like the look of the blob sti's so think it will be one of them i go for eventually.

Hawks are better ;)

We've got a rolling road day coming up next month. Get your name down it to see whats producing and make sure its running ok. Only 45 quid or 35 if you subscribe. Well worth the money for the peace of mind.

I do like the hawks but arent they the 2.5? Which i've heard isnt as good as 2.0?

I think i might actually do that because i have a feeling it isnt running right and has a boost / air leak and turbo may be playing up?

With this weather not had much of a chance to do anything, apart from drive it which isnt usually like me lol, all ive done is replace, air (with k&n panel), fuel and pollen (which was filthy) might do spark plugs at weekend weather permitting and i also need to take spoiler off and re-seal it around the bolt holes because its leaking a little.

Hawks are better ;)

No they over heat ;-) and not as strong at the 2 lt block come on stealth ur suppose to give true and honest information lol.

Edited by rob5

Lol, don't listen to Rob, he still thinks the wankel engine is a sex toy!

Never had a serious issue with mine, and there are pros and cons for both.

Get a JDM hawk and you'll be the envy of most!

Edited by -Stealth-

Jap domestic market. Hi to ms . Glad your liking your car. Get a classic sti lighter quicker. And yes cheaper lol. there all good. Engine wise too. Yes I think the 2.5 is a weaker engine. But is still good for some serious bhp. Its the.boys running serious bhp that go for the 2.0 closed deck bloks .

I heard the engines weren't as strong when running high power?

JDM? Does that just mean Japanese import and why are they better than uk?

Thanks

Either 2.5 or 2.0 are good for about 340bhp.

JDM engines are twinscroll and generally good for over 400bhp without the need to strengthen them.

UK engines need stonger pistons rods cranks headstuds etc to get to that level so depends what your after.

I chose the 2.5 for the extra low down torque and 6 six speed. Don't have to rev the nuts off it.

The reason 2.5's had a bad reputation was the pistons melt and head gaskets blow when chasing high numbers, so depends what you want to aim for in the long run.

Hello 666 here sound a right scoobie devil lol do you have the mark of the 3 six s on your head oh i say lol well come to ms i like arnold i love the wilkos there its bigger and much better than here in hucknall look forward to meeting you soon get to april meet and then mfn FUN:-):-):-):-):-) here dont worry about the essay wait till i get going BYE

Either 2.5 or 2.0 are good for about 340bhp.

JDM engines are twinscroll and generally good for over 400bhp without the need to strengthen them.

UK engines need stonger pistons rods cranks headstuds etc to get to that level so depends what your after.

I chose the 2.5 for the extra low down torque and 6 six speed. Don't have to rev the nuts off it.

The reason 2.5's had a bad reputation was the pistons melt and head gaskets blow when chasing high numbers, so depends what you want to aim for in the long run.

actually uk blob can take upto 450 bhp some even running 500 like jgm Simon s car and Rcm say they are a good block with forged rods and its the 2lt JDM HAWK OR BLOB u want not the 2.5