M-SOC

Help and advise needed people

legohead

Hello without mentioning any garages how do I go about getting my money back on a engine I have had supplied and fitted that has had low compression on cylinder 2 since installed, as I have had an engineers breakdown of

The engine and it shows that it hasn't been assembled correctly, any ideas or information would be appreciated

I think firstly approach the garage and tell them as such. If its a good qualified report I would imagine you would have grounds for legal action. But a lot would depend upon . Miles since engine fitted. Period of time .etc. If after telling them of your concern you have no joy. Legal action might be required. But please feel free to comment on the garage. As it saves anyone else having the missfortune that you have had yourself

Last time I commented on a garages poor workmanship I got slapped wrists by the mods everyone that knows my car knows the garage unfortunately this is the second garage to rip me off over engines on the same car so had enough now going to go legal and actually recover my money and costs this time

Ahhh a club supporter then ? Sorry you are having to take this route I really am. If you feel justified to take action .well go for it. It will be long wi.ded and drawn out .but I hope it goes ok for you.

Careful in naming and shaming. It's easy to slag someone off without giving them a chance to address any issues you have. They have the right to offer you a replacement or repair/ compensation. Don't make any liableous comments that may come back to bite you. Give them a chance to do the right thing first.

Careful in naming and shaming. It's easy to slag someone off without giving them a chance to address any issues you have. They have the right to offer you a replacement or repair/ compensation. Don't make any liableous comments that may come back to bite you. Give them a chance to do the right thing first.

they had the chance to do the right thing in the first place when he originally handed money over

f**k em in my opinion

My comments are just my opinion. Everyone makes mistakes, it's the chance to put those mistakes right that I think people deserve. If its a dead end, so further action must be taken.

It takes years to build a good reputation and customer base, 10 minutes on an open forum to ruin it. BTW I don't know or deal/ have any association with whoever it is who did the work. Just seeing it from a neutrals point of view.

Oh i love a good slagging thread.

Any chance of this making 165 pages like the mlr one.

Bet it'removed as soon as trader is named.

well I hope not as we need to know where not to take our cars as this is a car owners club not a sponsors club as I'm sure if its one of our sponsors they can as usual give us am explanation or there side of there story and we can decide

Got to agree with hendo. I'd be phoning them up to try and solve the issue before naming and shaming... You don't want to burn all your bridges...a completely different story if they wash there hands with you, but you aren't down that road yet.....

I have contacted the garage and the garage recon my warranty is invalid due to a remap even though the first words out of their mouth was the car the engine needs mapping for help with the new lambda sensor, not the fact that the engine supplied to me had a blocked up pipe cracked sump and the garage has actually taken my old oil filter off of my old engine and put it on the one they supplied !!!!!

I have contacted the garage and the garage recon my warranty is invalid due to a remap even though the first words out of their mouth was the car the engine needs mapping for help with the new lambda sensor, not the fact that the engine supplied to me had a blocked up pipe cracked sump and the garage has actually taken my old oil filter off of my old engine and put it on the one they supplied !!!!!

name and shame matey,its only fair that people know to stop anybody else getting stung by them

Not that fact the the uppipe was blocked and all the vacuum lines weren't connected correctly and this is a so called go garage who told me they could supply and fit the engine in a week and in the end took about three weeks to give me the car back !!!!

If they have given it too you to drive away and it's not working properly, then surely they don't have a leg to stand on... Why didn't they change the sensor if they thought it needed replacing???