M-SOC

track day tyres

gwr northants

as most know bought a little 172 clio , its vaa vaa voom !!!

read that they run best with 15,s on , so can any reccomened any good track rubber , really after a set of all round tyres tbh , and will then (when moneys allow) get another set of rims to chuck some slicks on them , (for when we have that great summer next year ????? hmmmm last week end in june i think lol)

cheers for any reccomendations

888s are the best in dry, and according to my lotus chaps if warm are ok in the wet, just plain dangerous around standing water... Same goes for ao48s..

Your best bet for an all round tyre IMO would either an ad08, me mike and nick run these, or if they come in the right size some r1r's.....

Oh right cheers . Bit bloody.dear anyway ad08.s are loads cheaper . probably get what ever comes up second hand to throw on track wheels . But cant.believe how cheap tyres.are 15 inch compared to 17.s or even 18.s saving bloody loads

He said all round tyre nick.....

If you are just talking about an all out and out track tyre then you need 888s. But for an all round tyre, track and road then you need ad08s or r1rs...both which will get hot on track after a while, but will be better in the wet...

I'm sure there are other tyres, this is just my experience when I was looking for some. Just don't put t1rs on it....they are s**t on track....

Edited by scatty

Depends on budget mate. I would go for Kumo V70a best in wet for a track tyre. If cash is tight the best all rounder in my opinion are Michelin Pilot cup/sports or some P Zero Corsas. Have a look at federals as well bud a lot is personal preference and how they feel/feedback.

Edited by hendo

Have you been on Clio net or whatever it is. See what those boys use. Tbh you need summat that suits the car. And as none of us have ever tracked a Clio, we might be telling you crap info.....

yeah good point james , fook it just gonna get some ad08,s me thinks , but paradas are silly cheap lol matt is awaiting his membership to be allowed from mods on the site

Edited by gwr northants