M-SOC

Putting the feelers out.

hendo

In the new year I am starting a mapping franchise not for scoobs but for your daily runabout.

It has the benifits of a lifetime warranty from a major national uk mapping company.

I come to you, check for any faults via an ODB scanner before we start. If non are present, I copy your map and send the file via email. They then custom build a map specifically for your car, not just a flashed on generic map as some do. I then write the files to your ECU, job done. Process takes about an hour. You can have a power map or economy map. I can supply before and after figures and stats if needed beforehand for your vehicle. Maybe sponsoring the MS site also.

If you need anymore info just ask :thumb:

Sounds ok..what if i don't like the map though?... Can it be tweaked?...or is it just a take it or leave it map and how good is this UK National company?....any links to this outfit bud or is it top secret at the mo'?

No- not till I've a answer as I am still training and want it to be right. I have called voicing your concerns and am awaiting a response. Thanks for your question though as the more queries I get the more I can reassure people and learn in the meantime.

if its not live mapped how is it tailored to the car ? the rom image you remove will just be what was flashed by ford or VX etc

it looks like a 1 files fits all for a certain make/model.

+1

Mapping is a black art! :)

Lots of people making lots of money without FULLY understanding what they're doing....I hear about, and often witness, the results of shoddy mapping all the time!

Generic maps are fine (ish) for standard vehicles, but if the vehicle's been modded then it's a whole different box of frogs!

Good point Dan. I am only doing standard vehicles and the reason I'm going with a good reputable company is the fact that they have a good training programme and years of experience and good customer feedback behind them. So many company's out there are shoddy as I found out doing the research into the franchises.

I may of jumped the gun here but yesterday i have emailed the BlackCode site and used their quote service to see if they can re-map my Legacy 3.0ltr R.. (no response as yet!)...you may be able to help me here Lee!!....

...feel free to use my motor as a guinea pig if you wish Lee and you are more than welcome to produce the results to promote your new venture if you so wish :)

Cheers Phil. Very kind fella

PM me if you are in a position to take it further Mate (the 3.0Ltr flat 6 is a thirsty engine, wouldn't mind a little more MPG!)

Most of us have got second cars, some even third and fourth cars, so would be useful to have the option you're looking at providing Lee - was looking at getting the Jag 'tweaked' so might be interested myself :thumb:

I will make some enquires what's the MY?

Subaru Legacy 3.0Ltr R (Generation 4) 2004 model. cheers lee.