M-SOC

Tsunami

Ian

That is mental. Even I'm struggling to think of something witty to say after watching that. I'm actually now sat here trying to think of something sincere to say but I can't even do that! Watching everything you've worked your life for and all you've ever known wash away in front of you.... I can't imagine.

And to top it all, they've rebuilt most of it already. Shows the mental focus and the determination of the people. Especially when you consider that in America they have barely touched the devastation Hurricane Katrina left behind.

Top cars, Top people and Top country

I have experience of this first hand, in January 2005 i was sent to Thailand as part of the uk disater victim identification team.

you would not believe the devastation left behind, yet the people were so humble and focused on carrying on as normal.

We dealt with nearly 6000 bodies in the first 6 weeks and the Thai's carried on as normal even trying to sell us ice creams in the temperary mortuary.

you dont realise how resourseful and strong people can be.

over the six weeks there i watch a man jump into the river and come back out with a brick, he did this all day and into the night, day after day until he had enough blocks,bricks and stones to rebuild his house, we offered to help on numerous occassions but he declined, we later found he had lost his wife and children and his only reason to carry on was to rebuild his house.

makes you think!!!!!!!!!!!

over the six weeks there i watch a man jump into the river and come back out with a brick, he did this all day and into the night, day after day until he had enough blocks,bricks and stones to rebuild his house, we offered to help on numerous occassions but he declined, we later found he had lost his wife and children and his only reason to carry on was to rebuild his house.

makes you think!!!!!!!!!!!

not half, thats awful but incredible at the same time