M-SOC

Roll up Roll up Roll up

whiteknuckleride

good point Ade-still a bit disappointed with the turn out at the Pod on Sunday TBH

:thumbup: we had 3 cars turn out on the sunday?????

are people not interested in shows anymore or do we need a different approach????

any suggestions would be helpfull....

Enthusiasm is all that is required but it does tend to diminish after the honeymoon period is over....people seem to fill their lives with so much excess baggage that doing the Fun things seem to take a back seat to the more mundane but necessary commitments that consume our time !

How many nice weekends in the summer seasons do we get in this country? (8 to 12 maybe?) and to those with family and work obligations, there is even less time to pursue hobbies and pastimes! (of which the Scoobie may be just one of a number of interests members have!)....

..This aint no excuse and i havn't got any suggestions :thumbup: ...it's just the reason no bugger turned up thats all :unworthy:

Ps, short of offering gifts or sexual favours for turning up at a meet then i feel it is ultimately down to the individual and their own desire..........Speaking as someone who has been a member of a number of car forums for many years, i can say that in my very short time with you lot at 'Midland Scoobies' it is without doubt one of the best forums i have been a member of, with some real nice/helpful people...so far!

..Really looking forward to the Bubble on Sunday (now theres enthusiasm for you :Drinking_trink38: )

nice post fildiger :thumbup:

and i think the sexual favours bit is a great idea and as events organisers i volunteer to look after the ladies and will leave scatty to look after the gents :smiling:

[/quote.

Pmsl fella !!!! Loads of good events on the go this year so !!!

The other thin gto bear in mind is that end March is a bit early to have any certainty of reasonable weather, so people probably dither about committing to go ?

I got a sunburnt nose on sunday! def doing more shows just waiting for my on call rota for next six months get it a week tomorrow

loved it how sparkyboy rolled up not really knowing anyone,and fitted in like a good un...thats what its all about. he even made the weekend civilised by pitching a tent, and no fooker driving thru it...

i say pitch a tent, this is from someone who drives the largest subaru fridge carrier in the world.....we sent azz in to get summat and we lost him..... :police:

I have to agree with fildigger & scatty. It's very easy to find an excuse not to attend these days.

But on the other hand...

When I was a newbie it was very daunting trying to muscle in on the forum/meets and events as existing members seemed to be a quite a close group of friends and felt a bit intimidating to an unfamiliar which may put a people off attending future meets/shows.

However, it takes two to tango and people need to put the effort in as well as just the organizers. I've noticed a big positive change in the club over recent months and if it wasn't for likes of scatty, ady, andy, azz, marv, sheepy, bigfootman etc and other dedicated members (sorry if i missed anyone) i probably wouldn't be here!

I certainly wouldn't of attended the fast show weekend without the encouragement of these guys. A big credit to you all unworthy.gif Your doing a fantastic job.

So come on people, don't be shy and get involved thumbsup.gif

I would like to add that I thought the fast show weekend was well organised and as a club we had a brilliant set up, Andy sent tickets direct to my house, and all info for directions,meet point etc were available on here, so I couldn't go wrong.

Turned up on the saturday morning after only meeting most people a couple of times and I have to say it was a brilliant laugh and I was made more than welcome, would recommend it to anyone! I think all involved in taking this club forward have in a short time done a great job.

I will be attending as many shows and meets as I can

Keep up the good work everybody and we should all remember that without club owners, organisers, etc giving up their own time meets, shows and events would not be possible.

And by the way I did find Azz eventually sent my labrador in to look for him!

see you all on wednesday at Calverton leave me a large parking space please.........lol

Do we know anymore about the Mcrae weekender yet in Wales in Late July ????

Already have permisson from the wife to go for the whole weekend and camp....just need to know what's happening....

Do we know anymore about the Mcrae weekender yet in Wales in Late July ????

Already have permisson from the wife to go for the whole weekend and camp....just need to know what's happening....

My link

here you go matey :thumbup:

this is not an event that MS is getting involved in arranging due to attending other shows but here are the details

Archived