M-SOC

Top gear tonight

gwr northants

We just got in from an afternoon/evening out celebrating Kims birthday and caught the mega hot hatch shootout. I think Jezza was being a bit harsh about the turbo lag, I'm sure the RS was just the same. Is the Cossie STi really worth £15k more than the RS apart from it being 4wd and a bit more power?

It did look good going round the track though and beating Porsche's too :heart::heart:

I thought JC was a bit harsh on it, mind you, he is getting on a bit and probably not his cup of tea anymore.

I thought he was a bit harsh on it too - he went on about how fast the Focus was but only casually brushed over the Impreza's 3.5 seconds to 60 figure!

:fighting0077: he is nearly as old as me :Hammer3:

I agree with Mr Toast, personally I'm always going to be a bit biased but 3.5s 0-60 compared to 5.5s 0-60 of the RS500 is a no brainer. Funnily enough I didnt hear Jezza mention the RS500's 0-60 time.

thats rs did look awsum.....but you would always be thinking , i hope the cossie doesnt pull up at the side of me.... :p

but price wise i think it would be a no brainer....

So so so happy ?? Got the cossie Scoob on and they played the chameleons track , made my fookin night as I've loved the band for 20 years !!!! And check out that rs focus !!!

Dont even remember watching it...All i remember is you trying to get ya leg over ......PMSL !!! :p:p:shock:

Lets be honest guys, all 3 of them were top motors any of which we'd all be happy to own. My comments though (for what it's worth)

The scoob is my fave, but not in silver, looked bland, black, white or red. Yeah, think Red would be my choice but don't think the CS400 is offered in red :wacko: Not sure I could bring myself to pay +£15k for one over the standard STI though, I suspect the clinic or any one of our other extremely capable sponsors could make you a CS400 ass kicker for less than £15k on top of a standard STI.

RS, what a fine looking machine, but again, love the power upgrade, but not the matt black finish, and van effect tints. In white, with black detailing and black wheels :respect::thumbup:

The volvo,hubba hubba, :dizzy: combine the AWD capability of the scoob, and the fantastic engine out of the RS, tweek it a bit, stick it in the best looking Volvo in a l-o-n-g time, and what is not to like. Even that sky blue paint job didn'#t look out of place. And it wasn't exactly far behind on the drag run. Would be interesting to know how close it's time would have been to the scoob around the track :)

disapointing i throught.

and the price.

5th gear did a review of a cossie one a while back, but claimed it wasnt that laggy. and that was a hark eye type one too.

as aboth, id just get an sti. and get that to over 400bhp. alot cheaper & wouldnt be as laggy

5th gear did a review of a cossie one a while back, but claimed it wasnt that laggy. and that was a hark eye type one too.

That was the Litchfield Type25. Cosworth internals but tuned by Litchfield. Think that had a twinscroll turbo, hence the less lag. Don' think the CS400 has that???

Archived