M-SOC

crash and burn

shailet

Coming back this morning from thurcaston shell, on the a6 going back home to loughborough. Came off the small roundabout outside mountsorrell that sits i the middle of the A6, rear end broke out completely by surprise at about 30mph, span into the barrier front end completely smashed. then while waiting for the police to arrive the car caught fire and went up in flames, fire brigade came along 10mins later, front completely burnt out. A6 going into loughborough had to be closed until it was completely safe.

cars definately a write off.

Luckily not hurt and no one else was involved so very lucky in that respect.

Got to wait for insurance company to get back to me on Tuesday when they reopen.

Gutted, shocked and furious all at the sametime.

What a crap way to start 2011.

:unsure:

The main thing is u r ok !! A car is a car as u know mate I recently wrote my car off yes gutted still am but I was ok so were the kids !!! Hope the insurance is sorted out sooner rather than later mate !!! Gutted for ya Gary and Paula it's metal though not a limb !!!!!

thanks Scatty. I know it was just a car but it was one of my all time dream cars, im sure everyone on this forum can understand where im comin from. to see if burst into flames and not being able to do anything was horrible.

just got to keep things in perspective and thank god i didnt hurt anyone else.

HOLY S**T..... :o:o:o

matey i dont know what to say...... one of the best looking type-r's on the site..... :unsure::driving:

myself and scoobyjam went round that round about at about 10.45am..... and it was a bit slippy then!!!!! :unsure::unsure:

the main thing is your safe..... and that your little girl wasnt in the car!!!

am gutted for you matey!!! :unsure:

thx dude. Liccle un safe and sound at home.

BTW Olly is a good looking boy, nice to be a dad isnt it!

Felt a million times better when got home after the crash and got a big hug from the Mrs and my duaghter, as GWR said, its just metal, family is what matters the most.

if it happened to me matey i'd feel like i had lost a limb....

family is everything bud..... cars can be bought and sold..... maybe its a case of coming back better and stronger!!

keep your chin up matey..... go and look at your beautiful little girl and wait for today to end and a new start in the morning!! :unsure:

thanks chaps, means alot to hear the kind words.

This is my first ever crash since I started driving 16 years ago, so got to keep that in mind and stay positive as you said.

Think another scooby may not be on the cards now tho, cant imagine the insurance is going to be affordable after this!

sorry to hear mate i know you put a lot of money into it :unsure: , really feel for you but like said good job no one was hurt like andy said we went round there this morning and roads were bad i lost mine this morning at the hobby horse roundabout :driving: hope its sorted soon and you you find a nice type r to replace it with

:driving: can't believe i'm reading this thread

was a lovely car too

if you are without an impreza for too long you can always take mine for a spin for a fix :unsure:

try to get an investigation done of the scene as that round about has always been dodgy

Sad news is that Shailet but thankfully you're ok mate - hope the insurance company sorts things out for you and that the rest of 2011 is good for you & the family

Archived