M-SOC

Get big brakes they said, Go on track they said

MJP-STI

I would say this is a great example of the unpredictability of braking systems. There are many things that contribute to brake temperature and wear. I am not aware of any company that guarantees brakes for competition use.  This could be a case of poor heat cycling or ineffective rear brakes or poor ventilation or a bad batch of pads or high air temps or poor front to rear balance. The list is endless. Many people over look the fact the putting huge multi pot calipers on the front reduces the work rear brakes do as it is a ratio of the piston areas, pad areas front to rear and friction coefficient of the pads. So if you double the piston area on the front and probably double the pad area then the rears do 4x less work so more heat to the front. 

At the end of the day pads and discs are consumables. A car should always be driven with feeling for the mechanical components unless budget is unlimited. I would always advocate to change driving style as soon as fade is detected. Simply back off as you have reached the design limits of the components.

The clinic have been very good sending out an uprated set but I would certainly be looking at the balance in the system and further cooling. 

Hi,

heres a set that’s 2 years old, races at Santa pod every opportunity, recently did a track day at silverstone, its his daily drive and runs just shy of 700 BHP............

DSC07161_zps5ojsnopj.jpg

I must add though these are furnished with pagid RS pads at a tad over £300.00 a set, two years on though and pletey used they are still fully serviceable.

kev