M-SOC

P1WOC.

john

Back onto the original post. Its a real shame that P1WOC has closed as there was a lot of useful information for P1 owners on there. A lot of which will probably now be lost forever. Whoever the owner/administrator is he must have felt for whatever reason that was that and closed the site. Real shame and I guess not many folk will ever know the real reasons behind it all

Real shame IMHO

Wasn't actually trying to start and argument about which is better, which is worth more etc etc. There will always be those that favour one over the other. The quotes are merely from what Mike Wood said years ago after a debate on another well known forum

For me if you find a Type R in poor condition and a P1 in good condition, you will pick the P1 and vice versa, or you will move on until you find the car you want

Personally I think whether the car is jap spec or UK spec, the condition will now dictate the price as the cars get older and there are less of them. Hammer prices in Japan are on the up for high grade rarer cars and that's a fact. In some cases the good quality cars are being re imported. IM weren't allowed to import the jap spec cars for mass market distribution, so homologated cars for the UK were developed. For example you cant buy a UK Turbo 2000 in Japan and that car was watered down over the equivalent JAP WRX. The only exception to this were the 16 UK 22B cars, but that was prior to the import laws being lifted in 1999. The UK 22B was a 1998 car.

For the record bought a Type R because that's what I wanted. If I'd wanted a P1 I would have bought one and I guess that's true for P1 owners buying them over Type R's :thumb:

When did you turn into a diplomat Steve? lol :hrhr:

Oh and to address the topic, the P1WOC was being accused of having over zealous mods and over moderation.

A few of the old scool members decided to start their own forum P1OC as a way to have unmoderated fun on forums.

Consequently the P1WOC owners decided it was pointless carrying on for some reason and shut it.

However this has now been passed over to another club member and will be back online soon!

The joys eh?

Oh and to address the topic, the P1WOC was being accused of having over zealous mods and over moderation.

A few of the old scool members decided to start their own forum P1OC as a way to have unmoderated fun on forums.

Consequently the P1WOC owners decided it was pointless carrying on for some reason and shut it.

However this has now been passed over to another club member and will be back online soon!

The joys eh?

where have a i heard this before? lol

I dont think i ever said i had a P1 ?. PS. But just between me and you i do have a P1 +a Rb5 + a uk V4 impreza turbo and i am a pensioner and if the boss would let me i would have a type R oh and i forgot the 1996 Bmw 328i.

Lol I love a good wind up . To me would I have a p1 hell yes course I would lovely cars . I've had a type r as most know . There's sweet fa between the two really . I do like the dccs gear box though that's good for rwd fun . I prefer the p1 interior . But and a big but there is a lot of anal p1 drivers . No doc not you or paul. I've

Met you both . But that p1 site no wonder it closed for. Bit over . Over moderting . Bunch of f**king arse holes I

Thought lol . Ohhh look at me f**king squeeky clean !!! Lol pmsl yeah what ever . Bit like another subaru site ,

Edited by gwr northants

What and a p1 does 0 to 60 under 5 ?? Yeah on a perfect launch on a perfect day with minimal slip etc . The type r is better on launch cos of the box just my thoughts . As put it on 75 rear 25 front .