M-SOC

My SpecC thread...

specC_chris

What would you guys pick?

A trip to spa or do afew events of time attack?

I've spoke to them and the car can run in the clubman group which is road tuned group so not against the massive powered cars as there is restricted rules

Having done Nurburgring last year in mine and been around TA for a few years now with RCM I would say the two experiences you are comparing are quite different and choosing one over the other would depend on what you are looking for. Clubman TA would certainly satisfy any competitive driving urge you have for sure in a controlled and relatively safe timed racing environment. The Spa trip would be more of a driving holiday with some laps of an awesome track thrown in. Unforgettable for sure (just like the 'Ring for me) but its not 'racing' like TA would be. I would also guess doing a few TA events would perhaps be more costly all things considered too and perhaps be harder on the car too (although you have the best model for that ;-). As I say depends what you want to 'tick' off the list next year Chris! :-)

Having done Nurburgring last year in mine and been around TA for a few years now with RCM I would say the two experiences you are comparing are quite different and choosing one over the other would depend on what you are looking for. Clubman TA would certainly satisfy any competitive driving urge you have for sure in a controlled and relatively safe timed racing environment. The Spa trip would be more of a driving holiday with some laps of an awesome track thrown in. Unforgettable for sure (just like the 'Ring for me) but its not 'racing' like TA would be. I would also guess doing a few TA events would perhaps be more costly all things considered too and perhaps be harder on the car too (although you have the best model for that ;-). As I say depends what you want to 'tick' off the list next year Chris! :-)

I went the ring, wasn't in best car could been in but enjoyed it all the same. Like say it's a unforgettable experience as spa would be.

I do have that competitive urge though , and cost would be slightly more I agree but I think you'd get money worth through buzz of been part and Competiting even though be near back of the grid ha.

I've paid the 1st fee so my place is down on list. Just more read the rules the mote cost goes up lol. RCM fancy offering some sponcership? Hahaha

Edited by specC_chris

As you have a proper Japanese car, you may be invited to the secret trackday club... :-)

See Mike for further details....

Poofs don't want to get embarrassed by a French tickler lol !!! Bring on curbs in May see all u big bhp cars going errrr slow lol

No photo for a change lol , but been chevron Motorsport today too see simon and check out what the place is about. Nice to know got someone very local who's very knowledgable on scoobies.

I booked in for a clutch bleed and put in some fresh fluid. Nothing major but thought some fesh fluid wouldn't go a miss. Pedal feels abit smoother now.

Brakes are defo on next job to do now

No photo for a change lol , but been chevron Motorsport today too see simon and check out what the place is about. Nice to know got someone very local who's very knowledgable on scoobies.

I booked in for a clutch bleed and put in some fresh fluid. Nothing major but thought some fesh fluid wouldn't go a miss. Pedal feels abit smoother now.

Brakes are defo on next job to do now

Simon supported the club for our 10 year anniversary club by way of a raffle prize for a Geo set-up :thumb:

Finally got round to Getting the brakes done

Booked it in with Simon at Chevron motorsport with finding out he's local to me. makes change not having to travel miles out my way.

10933945_1052725984753507_37331694284604

10157360_1052674924758613_20107857239818

1546176_1052674884758617_853099150077843

10603620_1052909128068526_21696896053281

Did have bit of stress, two the bolts played up as subaru's sh*t design/ idea of how to mount the calipers :mad::mad: so had helicol two. never mind.

Also had the brakes bleed, regressed the anti roll bar bushes and visited weather spoons for some breakfast and a pint with the dole dossers :lol1:

Brakes feel 100% better and they aint even bedded in. Think might have set the AST's a bit stiffer at the front now stop from diving :lol1::lol1:

Also ordered some semi slicks ready for track outings :D Dont know what they are like but reviews seem pretty good so we shall see.

10689500_1052362504789855_59989829678430

next on the list to do is , Baffle sump plate. think it'll be a wise mod for doing some track work. :thumb:

1922253_1041612209198218_573416741556154

Hi Chris , did not connect you to this thread , good seeing you other day at Chevron . I said to the lads in the morning when I got there that the car was a mint example and a great car , which I mentioned to you when we were chatting. Hope to catch up again at a meet or at Chevron .