M-SOC

Newbie from Bingham

Strell

A dyno run is also a good idea to give it a thorough health check as well, check fuelling etc

The club is running one on the 8th March if you are interested

Oh and please only use good quality fuel in it like V-Power :)

There are a couple of sponsor options that have Dynos and map on the site in Scoobyclinic & Area52

And of course there is the Dyno day on the 8th at SC, should you want a power run/check at a reduced price first and then a further one later in the year at Area 52 :)

Either way I would say get it mapped on a Dyno, followed by a check on the road. I believe this is the way both of the above sponsors mentioned do it :)

Hope that helps

Are you running or watching ? I wasn't sure when I read your post

I think Craig Smalley_Sti used JGM to map his hatch

Personally I would only ever get mine dyno mapped in controlled conditions, followed by a road test and tweak if needed. But each to their own I guess :)

Got quite a nice spec list:

-All important forged engine from API

-PPP spec (Walbro Fuel Pump etc) With additional custom Andrew Carr Remap

Depends. As I am getting it mapped if the map is on the dyno I'll just watch everyone.

But if I get it road mapped I'll chuck it on to see what it's running.

I'm confused. Why would need it mapping again if it's already had one by that guy?

I'd get it on the rolling road first next week at SC first just to make sure it's running right.

If the maps alright, it'll only need mapping again if you're going to change something.

Edited by -Stealth-

I see. Has it been properly ran in then?

Might need a map tweak then. Best to avoid driving it hard until you know for certain.

If it was bored out and has had heads skimmed etc with different head gasket size etc, it can alter the fuelling and compression ratio and all sorts.

Normally on new engine builds, you have a 'safe' map with low boost etc to bed the car in for 500-1500 miles. Generally you drive it gently off boost and don't take over 4k for instance.

Then you have a full map and unleash the full potential.

Edited by -Stealth-

Having learnt the hard way........which is often the case with these cars.....I would personally only get remapped on a dyno

Then going on road for real life check over is good

I once had a problem with my engine that Andy Carr could not figure out wearing Det Cans on the road but then Jason at Area 52 soon diagnosed with cans on the dyno

My personal choice Strell would be as I do......Scoobyclinic......i used to be put off by the distance but after being up there and shown around and seeing what's done in the different workshops its really not that far at all mate (35 miles for you ;-))