M-SOC

2001 MX5 Road Legal Track Car

Scratch

Selling my road legal Mark 2 MX 5 track car if anyone is interested.

This car started as a Jasper Conran Special edition. JC parts were removed and replaced with standard, and then the car was setup for track use.  This comprised, TR Lane roll bar, Sparco F200 seat and TRS harness for the driver (but also retains the standard seat belt).  A genuine Mazda front strut brace fitted and the LSD from the slightly later sport model along with a Nardi leather steering wheel from the same sport model. Braided brake lines and uprated brake pads are fitted. Meister R adjustable coilover suspension and full 4 wheel alignment.  Car is currently fitted with Junk Debris wheels in matt black with Yokohama AD08 tyres with 5mm of tread throughout.

The car is not cosmetically perfect but is mechanically sound.  It has had paint at the back at some time in it’s life before me, and some of which is coming off, so I have applied an almost perfect match black vinyl over the scabby paint.

The sills were welded for the last MOT and the whole underside of the car was treated to a wire brushing and underseal about 12 months ago.

The Car is fitted with a Pioneer stereo and uprated JVC speakers.

The car retains all the normal fixtures of the standard car, it has not been stripped out. The car has done around 66.5k miles, and has MOT until 9 April 2019.I have covered around 6,000 miles in the car over the last 2.5 years.

Following a light brushing with some tyres at a trackday earlier in the year that required a new headlight, wing and front bumper, the car now also sports a whole mk 2.5 front end (in silver). It also has the newer mk2.5 rear light clusters fitted as one rear cluster was broken and the rear bumper rubbed.  I have photos of the damage that can be seen that show how light the damage was.

The original bonnet and drivers seat plus various other spare bits and pieces are all included in the sale.

I also have a second set of 15" team Dynamics Pro Race 3 wheels in dark blue fitted with heavily worn (but apparently MOT legal) Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres that can be included with the sale for the right offer.

MX5’s are a well balanced and cheap to run car that is very reliable and ideal for someone wanting to get into track days. This car is already fitted with everything needed for track use, and could be stripped out to make it lighter if required.

As this car has around £1900 of track ready upgraded parts fitted, I am looking for £2,250ono

Contact Paul on 07765 181379

Car is in the Nottingham NG9 area and is available to view evenings and weekends.

I've attached a few photos, and more are available, if you know anyone who might be interested, please pass this along.

IMG_20180801_195517244_HDR 1024.jpg

IMG_20181005_165849238_HDR 1024.jpg

IMG_20170330_165531190 1024.jpg