M-SOC

Various Shows 2017

Adybaby

Hi all

Just thought I'd let you know about some of the shows I'm attending this year in addition to some of our M-SOC ones incase anyone wanted to come along ? 

Eckington evening car show in the grounds of Renishaw Hall 3pm to 8pm £5 pay on gate, went last year loads of cars great evening. Wednesday 14th June.

Father's day classic car and bike show. Clumber park. Sunday 18th June. (Free event) but need to book your car in at www.classicshows.org

The 31st festival of a thousand cars. Cholmondeley castle, Cheshire, Sunday 3rd September, book your car in at www.classicshows.org

Also booked in for 2 days at Scampton Air Show 9th\10th September. Visit Scampton air show website to book your car in or I have application form for Steve if enough people want to go as the club ? £24 per person for both days £18 for one day.

Have fun duckies ??

• 1 month later...

Hi. I've been doing the Cholmondley Castle show for about 15 years now. It's a very good show and lots of different clubs there. There's a good selection of auto jumble stalls, food stalls and lovely grounds and gardens to walk round, I've done this show in my RB5 for five years now with a few friends in there classic cars. If your a club you can book a plot to display your cars, which also gives you room to put a gazebo up, or there's single entries which they put opposite the club plots. There's prizes for best stands, best cars in different categories and also a big square where you can take your cars in, be interviewed about them while the public look on. 

It's well worth a visit and I think the Subarus would be welcome there considering the rally heritage. In recent years I've noticed the occasional Impreza there in the single entries. Mine always gets lots of interest considering the guys I go with have much older classic cars which surprises me and my friends I display my RB5 with. 

Well worth a visit and a good day out. 

I went to the Fathers Day Classic car show at Clumber Park on the 18th and I couldn't believe how many cars where there, it was a great day out for me and my lad....may be one to look at for next year @Steve for a club stand, not just classic cars there, Ford RS / ST clubs, Toyota MR2 clubs / BMW clubs ect ect,......:thumb:  

Hi. The cholmondley Castle event on the 3rd of September is just a one day show on a Sunday and is for classics and modern classics. I think the one your thinking of is the pagent of power at cholmondley. The one in September is definitely a one day affair. My friend who owns a garage has already booked he's classics in for a club plot, that's who I usually go with and display my RB5. 

When I was a member of club Audi i was North Midlands rep for the club and I used to organise a plot for the show for members and one year we won club plot of the show. We were very lucky as the club was friendly with the historic section of Audi, so they used to bring us one of there collection free of charge, usually this was one of the short wheel based rally Quattros. I think the same car is run at the rally show at Castle combe. I stopped organising shows when my dad died and also left the club because of helping mum out. I was also on the committee at club Audi to help with the running of the club. 

So. I can guarantee the show at cholmondley in September is definitely a one day show. 

Cheers. 

Steve. 

Yeah. A gazebo and club stuff will be needed and someone to organise who's going, collect the tick feed off of each member, then book and pay for the plot as soon as possible as it's a very popular show, or members can book single entries which is opposite the club stands, again its advisable to book early. 

Steve. 

Just now, RB5Steve said:

Yeah. A gazebo and club stuff will be needed and someone to organise who's going, collect the tick feed off of each member, then book and pay for the plot as soon as possible as it's a very popular show, or members can book single entries which is opposite the club stands, again its advisable to book early. 

Steve. 

Agreed. I know how to organise a club event, just don't have the time at the moment :thumb: 

I think it would be OK to tell members about the show so they could book separately and have a look what the shows like, then perhaps book a club stand next year. Usual some individual entries meet up and go in together. 

Yes we saw you there @hughy :-) These local shows organised by classic shows are well worth a visit and always reasonably priced (or free) We've enjoyed all the ones we've visited this year! I guess we'll see you at Cholmondley then@RB5Steve..... I wish we had someone who had time to organise us to go as a club... I'd do it myself if I wasn't on a 60 hour + week lol

Yeah I'm pretty busy myself these days. Although I'm now retired, I have to help my old mum out most of the time as she is very dodgy on the old pins. 

I'm actually booked in with the lads I normally do it with this year. 

I don't mind helping out anytime with the club, but as far as organising an event I had enough of that with club Audi as I was North Midlands rep and used to organise stands at four classic car shows around Staffordshire, Derbyshire and Cheshire. I had a club gazebo with banners, merchandise and all the bits and bob's stuffed into my poor old Audi! But in the end I gave it up as my marriage broke up and my health took a turn for the worse when my father died. I don't mind helping on stands or anything like that, but my organisation days are over now, plus I don't have a computer any more, so everything is done on my mobile. Hope you appreciate my situation, but I will support the club as much as I can.