M-SOC

Midlands Subaru Clio/Exige owners @ Cadwell

+Doc+

Myself, @forest4everand @scatty took the track clios/exige to Cadwell this weekend, we were also joined by @BatmanSti in his sweet hatch.
This was my first time at Cadwell and the maiden voyage for the little Clio
Had an amazing day, great weather, good company and lots of nice cars on track.
All  cars did brilliant, no problems apart from losing a wheel trim and the marshal bringing it back to me!

Think Batman was struggling with brakes at times as the circuit is very demanding.
Must invest in a better camera mount as it fell off mid lap on one lap :(
Pity the Porsches kept slowing us down but hey, Porsche drivers for you....

3 hours ago, +Doc+ said:

Myself, @forest4everand @scatty took the track clios/exige to Cadwell this weekend, we were also joined by @BatmanSti in his sweet hatch.
This was my first time at Cadwell and the maiden voyage for the little Clio
Had an amazing day, great weather, good company and lots of nice cars on track.
All  cars did brilliant, no problems apart from losing a wheel trim and the marshal bringing it back to me!

Think Batman was struggling with brakes at times as the circuit is very demanding.
Must invest in a better camera mount as it fell off mid lap on one lap :(
Pity the Porsches kept slowing us down but hey, Porsche drivers for you....

It was a fantastic day out at Cadwell.....you guys were fun to watch in your Clio's. Yes, I struggled most of the day with my brakes, mainly my left front caliper not behaving the way it should have. Either the fluid had boiled (standard fluid) or one of the pistons were jammed, giving me a nice wobble when braking. Otherwise, we had a fantastic day......thanks for the suggestion.

Looks a fantastic day out guys :thumb: 

ive always rated Cadwell as a circuit. Very difficult to get right, but vet easy to get wrong :lol: 

@BatmanSti at least you know where to improve the car. The fluid will boil if you leave the handbrake on while sitting in the paddock. Release and just leave in gear. Looks like some 5.1 fluid is needed and a better set if pads all round, but at least you know where you are starting from and the main thing is you enjoyed the day

videos were great @+Doc+ . Thanks for sharing :thumb: 

Steve,

Yes I need to upgrade the fluid pronto. My pads were good enough....just my left front caliper needs attention, as one of the pistons isn't working properly....or it could be my pads need their edges trimming down.

If (when) I go again, I know the track now.....and the places where the car go a lot faster.

But it was a fantastic day out......both Claire and I loved it all.

Have to agree with you guys.....the whole day was a blast!!

Cadwell is an amazing track, so enjoyable when its done right. 

I would like to think we could......AS A CLUB...... get a date set in motion for a PROPER M-SOC Cadwell day for next year......now that would be a brill day!!!