M-SOC

Impreza Sti Type UK 2.5

iainwrx

You're more than welcome to offer a quote. Also if you could add the cost of a repaint of the bonnet, bumper, front wings and metal work behind the bumper as it might as well be freshened up at the same time. I know obviously you would prefer to look at the vehicle for such a thing on that but obviously with the engine issue, I'm choosing not to risk driving it at the moment .

Build times and availability to start work would help too . It will be 2 weeks on Saturday since I asked for a quote from RCM and I could do with knowing where I'm at with prices and whatnot . Obviously in the meantime as mentioned above I've been considering using the money to buy a Spec C I should be looking at on Sunday if it's what it says it is.

I could buy a new one, keep the current one and do the build work a little later down the line when the cash flow is replaced if I did buy a second Subaru. But I'm not afraid to admit as a man the 2 Subaru conversation hasn't happened yet with my hormonal pregnant missus, and I'm not exactly looking forward to it , unless I distract her with new shoes or something.

Btw email is iain-wrx555@hotmail.co.uk

Phone 07506572371

Can't beat having two to choose from :) oh and two lots of running costs :lol:

For me the GC8 is animvestment now, being as good ones only seem to be going up in value :)

I would get yours looked at ASAP. The earlier is caught the less chance of doing damage to the crank and other parts, saving you some money in the long run

Wise words from Kev regarding management as they do seem to struggle on standard ECU once the wick is turned up

Exciting times. After speaking to Kev about putting together a package for the most of today to fix the car and weigh up the options , I've decided that the car will be going to Scoobyclinic on Saturday for a fully forged build, a CDB and a target of 450bhp. Whilst the engine is out the bumper, bonnet etc will be brought back to new on site. To say it's been a s**t couple of weeks feeling like more has been going wrong with the car than I've kept up with putting right , I'm truly excited to see the final result. Thanks to Steve , Tidgy and of course Kev for their contributions and I will no doubt soon be moving the car to the project thread to show how it's all going.

Hi,

nice speaking on E mail today and after many e mails bouncing back and forth we arrived at a sensible and capped deal, if I got it wrong its my problem, end of,

Car will leave here with the fully forged SC450 Pack managed by syvecs, it doesnt get much better.

looking forward to the project

Many thanks

Kev

Nice one Ian. A good thing for me, is that you have discussed the options on a proper forum, got proper advice and balanced all of that with s great diversion from one of our sponsors. Can't get much better than that. I hate to think what would have happened should you have taken Facebook advice :lol:

Look forward to the project thread . :thumb:

You are in safe and experienced hands :thumb:

Steve

Yes well I'd love a Spec C, but a big build is something I've wanted for a long time during this cars ownership, but family stuff has put it on a backburner. The car going wrong really has been the kick to take the plunge, and I can't knock Kev for the 100's of questions I asked and he happily responded. I think we all know when you love your car, ownership can be as frustrating as it pleasurable. So today I'm feeling excited to see it sorted after weeks of frustration with the car. Some of the process had been keeping my options open with rebuilding the engine bigger and stronger but in the meantime seeing what cars come up in the meantime for the same sort of money as building the engine etc.

Also strangely enough the missus was against me going to look at the Spec C but thinks it's more sensible to do a 450bhp build on my current car!! I honestly think it's only because she didn't want one Subaru on the drive taking up space and the second in the garage, but hey I'm not going to argue.