M-SOC

Subaru Impreza GB270 Ltd Edition 2.5ltr Requires Engine Rebuild

Jason

Here we have a Subaru impreza 2.5ltr GB270 Ltd Edition No 199
After only having it a week I Have been sold a dud car and after all my hard earnt money paid its now in need of a rebuild Engine and i cant afford to get it repaired so its for sale.
For Sale with needing a FULL ENGINE REBUILD Due to Low Compression Test on number 2, 3 were at 110 and Number 2 was 30
Have full invoice stating this from POLE POSITION IN WILLENHALL Have been quoted £2500 for the following to be done
EJ25 hardened crankshaft, oil cooler, King race series main bearings, King race con rod bearings set, block seal kit, cosworth head gasket to suit engine, timing belt, cam seals, rear main oil seal, 5/30 fully synthetic engine oil, oil filter. please feel free to contact them on this I have a invoice to show rough guide
V5 IS NOT PRESENT AS IVE ONLY JUST SENT IT OFF LAST WEEK BUT FULL RECIEPT WILL BE GIVEN AND V5 FORWARDED TO NEW BUYER
Full service History, 107,000 miles wont go up as ive taken it off the road now
Mot Till Dec 2015
Excellent condition inside and out
18" Alloys
270 bhp as its the limited edition GB270 hawkeye No 199
After Market Dumpvalve unsure of make
Prodrive Package which is standard with the GB270 limited edition
Gearbox And Clutch are Excellent
The Car is DRIVEABLE but how long it lasts for is like saying how long is a piece of string before the pistons come through the engine so I Would Recommend you Pick it up via transporter if possible or have some sort of RAC or AA cover ETC
Worth in the Region of £7,000 - £8,000 with Engine done as only 300 were made 200 saloons and 100 estates
Serious buyers only i have been genuine and honest about the car unlike some idiots on here who blag there way into selling cars
Im open to serious offers as i could break it for parts but dont have the room nor space to do this but i no how much these parts go for
Please feel free to come and view the car, Bring YOur own Mechanic but i have reciepts for what has been said to me
£4000,00 Location Birmingham OPEN TO SERIOUS OFFERS!! Call Jason On 07984681397

post-1220-0-89402400-1438973954_thumb.jp

post-1220-0-66768300-1438973964_thumb.jp

post-1220-0-27437300-1438973975_thumb.jp

post-1220-0-48898900-1438973984_thumb.jp

I know where I would be heading to small claims courts all day long it's easy to do if they are a registered garage go for them u would win hands down

Only had a week....

Get them phoned up. I had faults in my car, had it a week, garage took it back and fixed foc.....

I'm sure you have some standing, I'd go to citizens advise in the morning....

Have you phoned said garage up and told them what's happened?? What did they say....

yea i rang him just said sold as seen, i was told when purchasing it that it had a coil pack fault so the garage said i knew there was something wrong with the engine but not to this extent

Hi,

there is no such thing as sold as seen if its a garage thats selling the car, if its a private sale you have not got a leg to stand on but if its a motor trader the old phrase "sold as seen" is illegal

Get onto trading standards.

On another note we would buy the car and repair it by fully re building the engine and using forged pistons and ARP head studs as a minimum safe build good for 400 BHP.

PM me with a price

Kev

As kev says, no such thing.

Phone up tomorrow and tell him your going to trading standards if its not sorted out....

Which garage was it...

I know where I would be heading to small claims courts all day long it's easy to do if they are a registered garage go for them u would win hands down

not a registered garage i have found out

would it be these by any chance? formerly known i think as longford car sales?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/jailed-longford-traders-sold-cars-8817499

i viewed a vectra gsi v6 from them years back and it was a f**king shed

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/jailed-longford-traders-sold-cars-8817499

yea they have changed there name that many times to avoid trading standards i just didnt do my home work

Sorry to hear about your bad new Jason,i know how you must feel at the minute.Last year i bought a wrx sti hatch and 2 weeks out of warranty BOOM!! garage did make a contribute towards repairs as a good will gesture but i was still 2k out of pocket buy the end of it,gutted!!

hope you get everything sorted.

I went there to look at a type r dodgy as f walked strait out they had your car up for sale too remember now gave me some bull about I'd have to come another day to view the type r

Edited by Rob5

Hi,

we at the clinic have purchased Jasons car, and a nice car it is too apart from whoever had been at the engine, what a mess, wrong bolts, missing bolts, loose bolts, secondary air pump not even there, injector guards missing,

Car shows all the signs of once being modified, then put back to standard, but roughly, chances are it was mapped to the upgrades, then they got removed and the map not re done to suit the now standard car hence it melted a piston.

When I say melted I mean leak down test showed leakage past the piston and past both inlet and exhaust valves due to debris from the melted piston possibly going through the valves and seats.

A proper engine from stock going in as the original is in such a mess its complete scrap.

At least it will save a GB270 from the scrap yard, a few scuffs to sort in our paint-shop and a very nice example will be back up for grabs.

I do hope this bad experience has not put the O/P, Jason off a Subaru because a good one is something that you will treasure, nothing else compares.

Cheers

Kev

• 3 weeks later...